Please join me in a catch-up session.
Choose from the list of activities below
Talk about: During Lockdown:
- What have you enjoyed?
- What have you learnt or achieved?
- What are you looking forward to?
I would love to see all of you and hear how you’re doing as Lockdown changes.
Please let me know what you’re looking forward to over the Summer.
No story today.
Remember that God loves each of us and wants us to love one another
James, Karen and Nancy, added their videoed prayers to a Circuit Youtube service. The Circuit is a group of churches in Kirklees and Morley, who work together to provide services and other planning,
Katie, Lucy and Nancy have been baking regularly through Lockdown
James has raised £600 + for Henry the Brave and Kids…….
Josh and Vennie have built a track for their cars out of boxes.
Our Bible stories ever since Easter have been from the Old Testament books Abraham to Joseph from Genesis and
Moses from Exodus.
Can you find them on this bookshelf?
Our stories for the next month will be from the New Testament. These will be stories about Jesus.
- Enjoy Rolling, creeping and crawling indoors or out. Make some obstacle course for going under or over objects.
- Challenge everyone in your family to increase the distance you can walk. Find different ways of travelling: hopping, skipping , jumping like a kangaroo… (Keep safe by slowing down.)
- Paint or draw a picture: of your family, of your garden, of somewhere you would like to go, or of the characters in your favourite book, Moses in the basket on the river or Jacob’s dream about angels going up and down the ladder to heaven.
- Blow bubbles with straws and a plastic bowl of water with a squirt of washing up liquid. This is best done outside or in the bath.
- Draw a big heart and write or draw all the people that you love. Add other blessings like a meal you enjoyed or a tree or flower.
- As a family, each person think of 2 or 3 “Thank you God, for …” prayers and pray together
- As a family each person think of 2 or 3 “Please God…” prayers and pray together
- Share our Messy Church Grace and use it before meals, with actions
Thank you for the world so sweet,
Thank you for the food we eat,
Thank you for the birds that sing,
Thank you, God for everything.
May you be aware of God’s love in all parts of your life.
May you find many blessings, that make you smile and laugh, as you live each day.
Love from Joy and the Messy Church team