Home Messy Church
Remember about our picnic on the 2nd August at Scatcherd Park at 3.30pm.
Meet us near the playground and skateboard track. Please bring your own tea, chairs, rugs…
- What do you like to take to a picnic?
- Where would you like to go for a picnic?
- Have you ever been in a big crowd of people?
- Have you been on a sailing boat on a lake?
Jesus feeds a big crowd
Our Story is from the New Testament. It is in all 4 Gospels: Matthew14 v13-21, Mark 6 V31-44, Luke 9 v12-17, John 6 v 1-14
Sea of Galilee
Loaves and fish
Jesus was telling stories and healing people beside the Sea of Galilee. (This is not a very big sea like the North sea. It is sometimes referred to as a lake.)
People came from all around to hear Jesus and ask him to heal people who were ill or disabled.
A young boy called Tomas had heard about Jesus and want to go and see him. His mother packed a picnic meal for him. She put five small loaves and two fish in a basket and waved him goodbye.
Jesus and his friends were tired, they decided to take a boat to the other side of the lake to have a rest.
Tomas ran down to the waterside and was just in time to see Jesus get into a boat and sail away. He was very disappointed.
There was a big crowd beginning to gather.
Someone said “Look they’re going across the lake, if we hurry, we’ll meet them on the other side”
Tomas went with them.
When Jesus saw the crowd hurrying to see him, he said “I can’t turn them away.”
Jesus told stories and taught the people about God’s love. Tomas was so glad to be there and watched and listened all afternoon.
In the Late afternoon his friends came to Jesus and said, “You need to send these people away to buy food from the villages.”
Jesus said to them “We can’t do that. We need to feed them. “
His friends were amazed. They said, “There is nowhere to buy food for hundreds of people and even if we could, we don’t have enough money.”
Jesus said, “Ask if anyone has some food with them.”
Tomas jumped up and came to Jesus and gave him the five little loaves and two fish. Jesus smiled his thanks.
Jesus told the people to sit down. Then he took the loaves and fish and prayed a prayer of thanks.
Tomas watched as Jesus broke the fish and loaves and gave the pieces to be given out to the crowd. Tomas enjoyed his share of the fish and bread and saw that everyone in the big crowd had enough to eat.
Jesus sent his friends to collect the scraps and they filled 12 baskets of leftovers.
- Thank you, God that you love each of us.
- Thank you for our families, especially………. who is………
- Please help us to listen to you, Jesus, and help us to each offer your love to others.
- Please help us to shine our little lights for you in our family, our neighbourhood and our town
- Cut a fish out of newspaper. Put it on the floor and see if you can make it move by flapping a folded newspaper to make it jump.
- Make Abbey Crunch Biscuits Nancy and Louise have given us a recipe for lovely crunchy biscuits. I tried them this week. I rolled balls of dough and placed them on a greased baking sheet and squashed them down with a fork. I also found that I needed to bake them for 25 minutes, until they were a nice golden brown. Ovens can vary.
|WORD SEARCH from Carol|
May God bless you this week with smiles that are miles long and comfort if you’re sad